Killer Cozy Thanksgiving Fun
We here at A Cozy Experience love experiencing books. But we love experiencing holidays too! Thanksgiving is next week (can you believe it?!?) Sometimes I feel like Thanksgiving gets the shaft. It’s the second of three holidays in a short amount of time. We are all coming off our Halloween sugar highs and are starting to dream of Christmas.
So in honor of the holiday, we wanted to take a minute to help you get in the Thanksgiving spirit!
We start with books. Because … well, we love books!
If you are looking for a fun read to get you in the spirit of the season, here are a few to check out:
- Murder She Wrote: A Fatal Feast by Jessica Fletcher and Donald Bain (There is also a Facebook Group Discussion of this book going on over at Cozy Mysteries Once a Month Book Club if you’d like to join in).
- The Diva Runs Out of Thyme by Krista Davis
- The Trouble with Turkeys by Kathi Daley
- An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott
- If you are still looking for more, Cozy Mystery Blog has a comprehensive list of Thanksgiving Cozies here.
Food is always on everyone’s mind at Thanksgiving. One of my all time favorite Thanksgiving desserts is Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Bars. They are the most unhealthy thing ever, but oh so good (the frosting really takes them up a notch).
I don’t know about your family, but if you’re anything like us, starting at Halloween you have to get at least one viewing of each Peanuts holiday movies in. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is a fun movie for the whole family as you relax after too much turkey and mashed potatoes.
So those are some of my Thanksgiving faves. How about you? Leave a comment below and let us know what your favorite Thanksgiving books, foods, and movies are!